RSVP’ing is proper etiquette. Unfortunately some people RSVP Those are just a few words that are printable describing people who do not respond to a party invitation's RSVP.
When you see RSVP on a party invitation, It does not mean:
- Reply if you want to
- Reply if you feel like it
- Reply when you get around to it
- Refreshments Served Very Promptly
- I'm waiting to see if something better comes up for that date and time
- Throw the invitation in a pile and forget about it.
- Respond only if you're not coming
- Respond the day of the party
- Respond and then fail to show up
- "Maybe" is not an acceptable reply
- I'm family so of course I'm coming, why should I call?
And it most certainly does not mean show up with extra guests